Even though ActiveCampaign is one of the most well-known email marketing platforms, some alternatives may be appropriate for some.
One of the most cost-effective ways to get your business in front of potential customers is through email marketing.
Fortunately, there are countless alternatives on the market.
ActiveCampaign has excellent capabilities, but I have the perfect alternatives if you want more.
Let’s put these platforms under the microscope!
13 Of The Best Alternatives For ActiveCampaign
ConvertKit is made for content site owners and bloggers because it has influential automation builders and other marketing tools.
- Designed specifically for bloggers
- Workflows that are intuitive and simple to utilize, especially for non-techies
- Marketing interface that is easy to use
- NEW tier plan that is free
- Email opt-in functionality with exit intent and complex logic
- Email designs that are focused on blogs
ConvertKit’s plans start at $29 per month for up to 1000 subscribers, then go up to $79 for 3,000.
After that, there is a sliding scale for more extensive plans.
Naturally, what you get depends on the tier you subscribe to.
- Webinar automation sequences and landing sites that are best in class. It’s the only email service that offers this!
- Alerts for sales in real-time
- Email deliverability rates are among the best in the industry.
- GetResponse’s Basic plans are more affordable than ActiveCampaign’s.
- One of the first lead nurturing marketing automation solutions with a long positive track record in business
- The app is fully optimized for mobile devices.
GetResponse offers a Free-Forever plan for up to 500 contacts.
You can get started with email marketing, connect a domain, build landing pages, and integrate signup and contact forms free of cost.
The rest of the paid plans start from $19 per month up to $119/per month for 1000 contacts.
Another long-standing email marketing industry veteran is Constant Contact.
If you’ve dismissed Constant Contact in the past, it’s time to reconsider because they’ve launched lots of new automated tools.
- Ideal for event-based marketing
- There is an extensive library of email templates to choose from.
- Email deliverability rates that are above average
- For email campaigns, a simple drag-and-drop editor is available.
- Split testing functionality is built-in.
Constant Contact has an essential service that starts at $9.99 per month.
Their new email Plus option costs $45 monthly for up to 5,000 contacts.
Aweber has been one of the early email marketing service providers for small business owners for quite some time.
If you previously dismissed Aweber as lacking in marketing automation capabilities, it’s worth revisiting the platform.
Aweber has redesigned its automation offerings in the last few years, which paid off.
- A generous 30-day free trial period is available.
- Marketing and email strategies that are simple to utilize (with pre-built use cases)
- In the marketing software industry, they have a long track record (since the early 2000s)
- Several integrations (including Shopify, WordPress, PayPal, Facebook, etc.) are available.
- There are upwards of 700 email templates to choose from.
- Signups are made simple with a double opt-in option.
Like Get Response, Aweber offers a free plan for up to 500 subscribers with almost the same features.
The PRO plan costs $19.99 per month for up to 500 subscribers and $29 per month for up to 2,500.
Aweber can provide a tailored quote for more extensive lists.
Moosend is one of the newest email marketing automation platforms on the market.
It has a free plan and a slew of features to get you going.
Moosend will provide advanced automated workflows and pre-made recipes to save you time.
That’s in addition to the marketing automation platform’s drag-and-drop builder and responsive email templates.
- Responsive and customizable email newsletter templates are available for free.
- Segments your email list to provide customized information to your readers
- Real-time data and analytics to track the success of your campaign
- Personalization elements to fulfill the needs of your target audience
- Connect your favorite apps and boost your productivity using integrations.
- Advanced marketing automation to appropriately target your audience
- You can increase your conversion rates with smart pages and a landing page builder.
Moosend offers a 30-day free trial that allows you to send unlimited emails.
The landing page builder, transactional emails, and other features are available for $9 per month for up to 500 subscribers.
SharpSpring is one of the better alternatives to ActiveCampaign, whether you’re a marketing agency or a huge corporate company.
It’s more expensive upfront, but if you have a whole book of clients, you’ll save more than with ActiveCampaign.
SharpSpring gains a substantial advantage over ActiveCampaign by communicating directly with larger businesses.
- No long-term contracts are required. With annual contracts, month-to-month options are also available.
- Many dashboard customizations are available based on specific company requirements.
- There is a fully accessible mobile app for iOS and Android.
- The client-facing product offers are completely brandable on all tiers.
- Workflows with advanced features like branching (more comprehensive in some cases than ActiveCampaign)
- Push notifications of sales alerts in real-time
- Templates can be created and shared across numerous clients.
- SharpSpring is cheaper than ActiveCampaign at its $6,000 flat cost at enterprise levels, despite the higher starting price points.
- SAP, Oracle, Netsuite, and other significant enterprise software suites are completely integrated.
SharpSpring costs $449 monthly for 1,500 contacts, $999 for 10,000 contacts, and $1,449 for 20,000 contacts.
Custom agency and enterprise pricing are also available.
SharpSpring additionally charges an onboarding fee of $1999 to set up your system correctly.
Related Reading: Trello Vs Asana – Read More Here.
Even though MailChimp has many of the same features as ActiveCampaign, MailChimp’s user-friendly tools may appeal to you.
Mailchimp has a “behavioral tagging” feature, which lets you send more relevant emails to your subscribers.
Also, the platform has some great sales automation tools that let you send follow-up emails to specific people.
Overall, if you want easy automation tools and many integrations, Mailchimp is an excellent alternative.
- Create landing pages on the fly with the mobile app.
- Email testing on several devices
- Targeting based on advanced segmentation and behavior
- Integrations with social media and more
- Custom workflows with many steps
While Mailchimp offers a free subscription, it only allows you to email 2,500 people monthly.
Of course, it has limited functionality.
Paid plans for the platform begin at $13 per month with the Essentials plan.
It is part of LeadPages, which was one of the first email automation programs that performed well.
Drip is advertising itself as the best automation platform for digital commerce, with close connections to Shopify and eCommerce platforms.
- Closely connected with Shopify
- Subscriber tagging and a simple visual automation builder (segmentation)
- LeadPages and associated products are seamlessly connected
- Built for everlasting “drip campaigns,” as the name implies
- Opt-in forms with a high CTR that are simple to implement (with templates for quickstart)
Drip offers a 14-day free trial, and then pricing starts at $39 per month for up to 2500 contacts.
Sendlane is a relative newcomer to the email marketing platform landscape.
It still needs to prove itself in business, but it’s becoming increasingly popular as one of the better alternatives to ActiveCampaign.
- Improved landing page creator and templates for landing pages (built-in)
- Real-time sales alerts
- The platform for full-spectrum marketing
- Improved user interface
- Predictive analytics built-in to optimize “send times.”
- Capabilities for advanced ROI tracking
Sendlane’s packages start at $25 per month for the Basic Plan and $45 per month for the Full Plan.
Sendinblue copies ActiveCampaign’s best features but does so at a lower cost.
They’re one of the most well-known newcomers in the marketing automation industry.
- Simple marketing automation that is easier to use and get started with
- Heatmap email analytics optimize the buyer’s journey and identify “leaks” in your marketing funnel.
- Alerts for sales in real-time (transactional emails).’
- Pricing plans scale better at greater levels than ActiveCampaign segmentation features (more affordable price)
- Its marketing tool optimizes “send time.”
- Unlimited contacts but not unlimited emails are accessible in the free plan pricing tier.
Sendinblue starts at $0 per day for up to 300 emails.
Paid packages start at $25 monthly for up to 20,000 emails and $65 for unlimited contacts.
Custom pricing is available beyond that.
Ontraport is a sophisticated CRM marketing platform for nurturing and managing contacts on a 360-degree basis.
It would be an upgrade if you enjoyed the CRM-lite features of ActiveCampaign.
- Transmit times are improved through predictive analytics.
- Workflows for multichannel marketing that work
- Services for automated campaign marketing are well-known.
- Automated processes
- Management of contacts and relationships across
- Live sales notifications
The monthly prices for Ontraport’s Basic Plan are $24, Plus $83, and Pro $144 for up to 500 contacts.
SendX is a new marketing software, so you might not be familiar with it.
- 30 days free trial.
- No credit card is needed for the free Plan.
- Their Opti-Send Technology is special and improves deliverability.
- Drag and drop email and workflow builder
- Monitors heatmaps
- 500k cost-free stock images
- Chatbot triggers and bots.
- 24/7 phone, email, and live chat support
- It is less expensive than ActiveCampaign at $7.49 per month.
- internal A/B testing
- Without a monthly email cap.
- Targeted marketing using advanced segmentation
- automation based on websites (email sequences prompted by user behavior on-site)
For 1000 subscribers, SendX charges $7.49, and for 2500 subscribers, it charges $14.99.
For more extensive lists, enterprise and customized pricing options are available.
This is the “next step” for full-spectrum CRM automation and marketing.
Hubspot CRM is recognized for its free CRM (and pricey add-ons).
- Hubspot saves money by managing all marketing products.
- Multiple-view, segmented dashboards for deeper insights (compared to ActiveCampaign)
- You can start for free. The complete suite requires payment.
- Automatic workflows (and pre-made templates to follow)
- This platform suits large sales and marketing teams.
Hubspot CRM is free; the Starter plan is $50 monthly, the Professional is $1780, and the $5,000 Enterprise subscriptions are all offered by Hubspot.
MailerLite is one of the ActiveCampaign alternatives.
It has fair prices and fully automated sequence builders.
- Free for 1,000 subscribers or 12,000 emails each month (whichever is higher)
- No requirement for additional marketing automation software because of built-in photo editing and resizing.
- Every pricing point is cheaper than ActiveCampaign’s.
- Outstanding email marketing tool without deceptive upsells
- Drag-and-drop email newsletter creator that is simple to use
Mailerlite offers versions with up to 1,000 free subscribers, $10 and $21 per month.
Related Reading: How Technology Affects Entrepreneurship – Learn More Here.
The Bottom Line To ActiveCampaign Alternatives
The best method for generating fresh leads and turning clicks into paying clients is still email marketing.
Although ActiveCampaign is a popular email marketing automation tool, it has alternatives.
Everyone can find something on this list, from user-friendly, approachable platforms with drag-and-drop editors to personalized ActiveCampaign alternatives.
Therefore, examine the tools and their capabilities, and benefit from the free trials.
Better yet, join a free plan to ensure you always choose wisely.