You want to ensure that the time and money you put into a business yields the best possible results.
If you’re unsure which project management software to choose, this Teamwork vs. ClickUp comparison is here to help.
We’ll give you a comprehensive overview to decide which is best for you.
Let’s get started!
Teamwork VS ClickUp—Differences and Similarities
Later on, we’ll go into more detail about their features.
- Teamwork’s Windows phone app lets you manage it, but ClickUp doesn’t have this option.
- Teamwork has other products like Chat, Desk, CRM, and Spaces to build a full suite, but ClickUp doesn’t.
- Teamwork has better client collaboration tools, but ClickUp limits the number of guests you can invite depends on your plan and only allows read-only access.
- Teamwork’s customer service team has set hours, while ClickUp offers human help 24/7.
- ClickUp has many features, which can be confusing at first, while Teamwork is simpler and easier for beginners.
- Both ClickUp and Teamwork offer services to freelancers and small, medium, and large businesses, giving them a wide range of clients.
- They both have free plans available.
- They make it easy to set up workflows and keep tasks moving between team members.
- Both provide customer service via phone, live chat, and video training. These software solutions can handle up to 1000 users.
- They both have portfolio management, subtasks, milestones, and multiple assignees.
- ClickUp and Teamwork are compatible with desktop (Windows, Mac, and Linux) and mobile devices (iOS and Android).
Related Reading: Why Goal Setting Is Important – Learn More Here.
Teamwork, an Irish-based web software company founded in 2007, offers clients simple solutions to their project management needs.
It has become a popular choice for over 20,000 businesses thanks to its integration of essential business tools into one platform.
Google Drive, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Office, Dropbox, and more are all included.
This provides users with everything they need to manage and operate their online business from one place.
Since 2017, ClickUp has been dedicated to boosting productivity.
It started as a comprehensive project management tool and is now described as “full-featured and customizable.”
With the help of its users, ClickUp is constantly adding new features.
Users can vote on which features they want and rate the latest updates.
This has made ClickUp one of the most user-driven and versatile project management solutions.
ClickUp claims it can “save you a day a week.”
That’s 52 extra days a year for your company!
GetApp recently rated ClickUp as the best management software, with a 4.7 out of 5 rating for its adaptability, app connectivity, and more.
Teamwork vs ClickUp: Features Comparison
Comparing Teamwork and ClickUp, they both promise to make project management more effortless.
Let’s investigate their features to see how they can help.
Let’s examine the tools these businesses provide in more detail.
Teamwork’s ‘Portfolios’ feature makes managing complex activities that include multiple projects easy.
Get an overview of all active projects and create triggers to automatically move tasks between team members when they’re ready for the next step.
Plus, you can easily spot projects that are falling behind and view tasks that need to be done to stay on track.
Related Reading: Mind Of An Entrepreneur – Learn More Here.
Teamwork helps you stay on top of your projects and tasks.
Project dashboards make it easy to organize everything.
You can upload files, comment on tasks, and collaborate with your team.
You can also view assignments using Gantt Charts, task lists, or board views, whatever suits you best.
Teamwork provides a practical work management system to assign projects to the right people.
This helps you to identify who has too much on their plate and who can take on more.
With this insight, you can better distribute the workload.
Working together also enables you to plan workflows in advance.
Assignments can be recurring or one-time.
You can break down daily tasks into subtasks with due dates, privacy settings, and assignees.
Teamwork’s templates make this even easier, as they are optimized for specific operations like client onboarding, product launches, content plans, event plans, and bug tracking.
Teamwork offers built-in time tracking for easier billing.
This allows you to track how much time was spent on a project, simplifying billing.
Additionally, you can use this tool to identify which jobs take the most time, so you can make improvements to maximize efficiency.
Teamwork offers a project management platform that can be extended with add-on services.
For instance, Teamwork Desk provides inboxes and ticket assistance, while Teamwork CRM is a comprehensive customer relationship management system.
Plus, Teamwork Spaces is like Google Suite, enabling real-time collaboration with other team members.
Finally, Teamwork Chat is similar to Slack, allowing teams to communicate throughout the day.
All these solutions come together to provide a comprehensive team and customer management solution.
Related Reading: How To Run A Business Without Getting Divorced – Read About Them Here
Working With Clients
You can give your clients unrestricted access to Teamwork.
You will also have control over what they view and don’t view.
Involve them in the project however much and whenever you want.
Clients can review and give feedback on your work in one place, which increases collaboration.
Doing tasks with ClickUp is easy! You can:
- Schedule repeating tasks.
- Filter and search for what you need.
- Use the multitask toolbar to do multiple tasks at once.
- Save your favorite views to the sidebar.
- Reorganize items with drag and drop.
- Safe spaces, projects, lists, and tasks as templates.
- View tasks in various ways.
- Plus, you can minimize tasks in the tray to keep things organized.
ClickUp makes it easy to work in a visually pleasing way while staying organized with project management.
There are lots of task views to choose from, including:
- Table view
- Gantt charts
- Mind maps
- Board view
- Map view
- List view
- Activity view
- Code embedding
- Box View and so on…
With ClickUp, you can assign statuses to tasks to make tracking progress easier.
Dependencies can be set to show which tasks must be completed first.
You can also assign multiple people to a job and create milestones, reminders, targets, and scrum points.
The workload view lets you see how much work each team member does.
ClickUp makes it easy to plan your projects and track when they’re due.
It offers features such as:
- Set due dates.
- Drag and drop spontaneous tasks into the time view.
- Sync tasks with calendars.
- Include time estimates for tasks.
Time tracking with ClickUp is easy and effortless.
It can be done automatically with the integrated time tracker or one of its connectors.
This makes it simple to monitor how much time you and your team spend on a project.
Additionally, it can be used to keep track of hours owed to contractors.
Tracking time also helps you identify patterns, like how long your team takes to complete tasks.
Unlike Google Docs, ClickUp has a lot of helpful features for working together, like the ability to edit documents in real time.
Additionally, you can:
- Detect when people are collaborating in real-time.
- You can make changes to comments without having to delete and rewrite them if you make a mistake.
- Embed links, and take screenshots with the Chrome plugin to show your team. Tag members in remarks.
- Recognize programming language, where the software will color-code relevant functions for easy reading.
Have you noticed that ClickUp offers many personalization options, like views, templates, and statuses?
Moreover, you can also:
- Enable dark mode.
- Make custom filters to locate what you’re looking for.
- Change the color theme for the entire interface.
- Make custom tags.
- Assign custom user roles.
Currently, there is an option to get a personalized version of ClickUp.
This version can be tailored to match the branding of your business.
ClickUp’s resource management tools show who’s overloaded with work.
You’ll get team reports to keep track of what everyone’s doing.
These reports show which tasks are being worked on, who’s behind or ahead, and what’s been done.
They give you an idea of your team’s progress.
You can also get time estimates to see how long tasks will take.
Plus, you can use team points to add some friendly competition to the office.
This fun idea lets you recognize and reward team members who work hard based on a reliable way to measure how hard they work.
Both offer plenty of features at a reasonable price.
However, ClickUp is more affordable and has a flexible interface that works for any size team.
Teamwork is great for easy client access and collaboration and is best for mid to large teams.
Ultimately, whichever software you choose, you’ll benefit from project management.
Make sure you get the one that best fits your needs.